As some of you already know, a couple of days ago, I made pancakes that were the fluffiest, lightest, happiest pancakes of my life. Although they are the sort of pancakes that are delicious on their own, and they really are, their fabulousness was heightened by this, super-easy, homemade blueberry sauce.
Who knew that it was even possible to make perfection even more perfect…?
This sauce is awesome on the blueberry pancakes, but would also be really tasty served over vanilla frozen yogurt, as a topping for cheesecake, a filling for crepes…yup, he’s a versatile little chap.
If you didn’t rush to your kitchen, yesterday, to whip up the blueberry pancakes, now’s your opportunity to double up on the culinary adventures.
Adapted from allrecipes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (you could also use arrowroot or tapioca starch)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- zest and juice from 1/3 of a lemon
- Off the heat, in a medium-sized pot, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water and add the blueberries.
- Turn on the burner and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon zest and juice. Stir until well incorporated.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm, or let cool completely, refrigerate, and serve cold.
With such a quick and easy sauce, why not?